
Will and I have now returned from Argentina and we can say that Buenos Aires is a fantastic city! We spent our full two weeks there (minus one day when we went to Uruguay). We ate, drank, shopped, and walked our way through the city. The weather was warm and we spent as much time enjoying the sun as we could knowing that we would soon be back in chilly Chicago. I'll be posting some pictures here and others on Flikr for those of you who were looking for a post-Christmas update. :) As you can see, we did dance a little tango. :)

We also ate steak...but
I didn't eat this one. It was waaaay too big. William ate it.

Thanks to Mariano and Leti (above) we got to try one of the best steak places in town, La Cabrera, and enjoyed a night out on the town. :) Muchismas gracias!

One of William's happiest moments...enjoying the sun and heat at the waterfront in Colonia, Uruguay while eating ice cream and drinking a beer. He swears it's perfect combination, considering the circumstances!

Our Christmas Day...beats turkey and snow any day! I'm chilling BsAs style. :P My stylish facade is only temporary...you'll see in the last photo-I'm not cool enough to be a real Argentinian!

Some of the great people we met at our Bed and Breakfast, guests and our hosts. We went out together our last night in town. We highly recommend La Posada Palermo in BsAs. It made all the difference in our vacation...the B&B itself
and all the cool people we met. :)

Later on that evening with our Aussie friends. :) Shonel, who photographs better than any Korean I know, and Tony, the pied-piper of our B & B. :) Thanks for everything, guys! We'll see you here this summer, right? :)
Below are a few Argentinian oddities:

William's saddest meal: lasagna...BsAs style. Not recommended. A pound or so of beef and one lonely noodle. :(

If the economic crisis gets really bad, we're going back and opening one of these clinics. :) Argentinians love their dogs!

This photo was payment for a long day of shopping. William insisted. Barney was, after all, the most popular guy in the park!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home