Monday, October 24, 2011

One Week

Eleanor is one week old today. She is filling out a bit and she has more alert time; she checks you out while she eats and getting burped is apparently the perfect time to survey your surroundings. :) She's eating more each day and is finding her hands...much to her relief when she's upset and needs a thumb or finger or two or three to suck on.


We are still trying to establish a workable routine. It seems that whoever gets the 2-4am shift is guaranteed a restless baby though! Our second bath was a much bigger success than the first due perhaps to our growing confidence that Eleanor won't break or to a full belly that put her in a food coma. :) Eleanor makes me laugh every day-when she smacks her lips after eating or when she struggles to find her hand...yes, the one attached to her own body. :) I went out to do some errands today and realized upon my return that I missed her, the simple weight and feel of her in my arms. Goodness, has it only been a week? And, of course, she's already left her mark on us. As for William, I will only say that I hear kissing sounds coming from the livingroom when I am in the kitchen, so I know Eleanor is getting a lot of smooches. She may be a bit young to appreciate the raspberries on her tummy though!

1 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a cute little peanut!! --phil

 

Post a Comment

<< Home