Sunday, June 26, 2005

Our First Guest

William and I were very pleased to host our first guest in our new home last month. William's Mom, after a difficult spring, was able to take some time to visit us during the long weekend. Being a plant lover, we took her to Chicago's Botanic Gardens where us girls admired and smelled the flowers while William...took pictures (see below). :)





It was a wonderful outing as William and I had never been to the Gardens before (even after hearing Mark and Inna raving about them for years). We also spent part of the weekend walking around Michigan Ave. and up the lakefront. William's Mom braved the waters and set foot in a chilly Lake Michigan. Unfortunately, William and I did have to work some of the time she was here only to return home and find our dishes washed, and kitchen spotless. I expect no less from all our other guests! Take notes Malora and Charlie! She also graciously helped with some of the nesting that comes with moving into a new place. I now have herbs growing in my kitchen and flowers on my balcony. And, wonder of all wonders, they're all thriving! Who says I don't have a green thumb?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home