Monday, July 18, 2005

Harry Potter Overdose

I was surprized to see that Amazon, despite their warnings about late deliveries of the latest Potter installment, delivered my copy first thing Saturday morning, the first day of its release. Admittedly the delivery man didn't look too happy when he explained that he had 700 Potter packages to deliver that day in addition to protecting his truck from would be thieves. Potter thieves? Since when did readers of SciFi/Fantasy become thieves? Perhaps there is a larger black market out there for these that I am unaware of. I began reading immediately, promising myself only one more chapter after devouring at least 5 chapters. I almost let my guests go hungry that evening. I did manage to squeeze in a shower and some cooking before they arrived, so no worries there. Sunday, on the other hand, was another story. :) Just the shower, no cooking. Could have been worse I suppose. :) Well, all this to finish my book around 6pm on Sunday and be left floored by JK Rowling's ending to book 6...her cajones, if I may say. I was in shock by the time William dragged me out for some dinner. I'm in denial, but even my 13 year old neice said she saw this coming. Perhaps she is more jaded than I. Well, get reading folks. Stay in your p.j.'s all weekend. :)

Hey, if William can give equally geeky techy updates, I can talk about Harry Potter for one posting!

3 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Blogger Mark said...

Great! Can I steal, er, borrow your copy ;) Can't wait to get dug into it too.

 
At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Auntie you mentioned me! well I didn't really see it coming but it didn't shock me at all (I think I got nulified by the last book when she taosted off Harrys's godfather wich dosen't seem to bother me eney more.)eney ways I'm hoping you'll call soon so I can talk to you about it some more, you got me going yesterday but I can't talk about it with mom or Dave, I ended up asking mom what was her favorite charater (she ended up saying a whole bunch of the charaters)and we ended up talking about how the movie characters imprint onto our imajination of the book characters, she says they couldn't have found a better actor for Snape and that she now imajins him that way talking and all ( WARNING IF YOU HAVEN"T FINISHED OR STARTED THE 6 BOOK READ fURTHER AT YOUR OWN RISK!.)I get the idia that shes not going to see the half-blood princes acts coming, to tell the truth I didn't see it coming eather not even with the un-breackble vow.So whos your favorite character? ( I have a wierd fealing it's going to be the one that got toast in this sixed book, the one that had you up in arms because of it.)please call me soon( mabye I'll call you.), your the only one I can talk to about the book.well I have to sighn off now moms ready to go(I was way ahead of her but then we had a power flicker and I lost this whole, long, comment and had to re-wright it.)this comment is turning into a letter so bye, I love you and would love to see you soon. L.D.2

 
At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. sorry about all the spelling errors but just because theres no spell check on this is not going to stop me from wrighting to my auntie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home