Tuesday, January 17, 2012

3 Months

Time has flown by...and yet in my daily series of tasks: feed Eleanor, change her, feed the cat, feed myself, shower, nap, rinse, wash, repeat-it sometimes seems as if it does not. Eleanor has been with us now for three months and I can't really remember life before her. And yes, that's a good thing. Life has completely changed, but it's pretty darn sweet! Even when she wakes up at 2 am...and smiles at me when I am trying to execute a stern diaper changing that will encourage her to go back to sleep!

Our little girl is smiling more, cooing and gahhing (not a word but that's what it sounds like!), and developing quite the little personality. She's a morning person...much to my chagrin as I am not, but she always manages to cheer me up before sunrise! She likes to eat and eat in the evenings. I like to think she's storing up milk for a full night's rest. Sometimes that's true...other times? Not so much. She is still a pretty good sleeper, with only one or two feedings at night. Her organic formula (Thanks, prima, Ale!) has her chunking up pretty good-see photos below. She's up to 11 lbs now...and quickly outpacing the development of my biceps! Eleanor continues to be a Skype rockstar and visits with her fans across the continent and with Daddy in San Fran.

We welcomed in the New Year with Inna and Co. No pictures of that. Sorry. My camera stayed in the diaper bag, along with my cell phone, for the entire night. As we head into 2012, I must say how grateful I am for our dear friends who have been so supportive. My TESOL girls all managed to make it in before getting called off to teach the Spring semester and gush over Eleanor. Others travelled from Texas and Seattle to lend a hand and confirm that Eleanor is, indeed, perfect. :) We also enjoy the company (read as: desperately needed support) of our other mommy friends! I hope Eleanor will know one day how much she is loved and how many people rejoiced in her arrival in our lives.

I will include below "The Many Faces of Eleanor":
 cuddling
 startled fish face - courtesy of Margaret
Funnier than one would think :P
 Look of suspicion
 Where is my MILK?????
Why are the smiling ones always blurry?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home