Avoiding marketing campaigns
The last few weeks I've been dodging a telemarketer who has been calling my cell phone 2-3 times a day. I've been hanging up, but today I made it clear that they should not call me again. So...it should be at least 3-6 months before they start up again. Additionally, I still continue to get a continuous stream of credit card applications. I thought I'd signed up for opt out. Anyways, I thought it was time to do more research on opting out appropriately. Here's what I found:
www.optoutprescreen.com - for credit cards
www.donotcall.gov - standard do not call
www.the-dma.org/consumers/offmailinglist.html - direct marketing (mail and phone)
www.dmaconsumers.org/offemaillist.html - e-mail (this doesn't work too well)
Hopefully you can all use this info to your own benefit.

1 Comments:
I guess the fifth option should be..."convince Charlie to stop using my name and e-mail address on all applications and websites asking for such." That might help cut it down a little bit.
Post a Comment
<< Home