End of Semester
And so another semester ends...I was walking with a student the other day and she asked what 'hallelujah' meant. I explained that it was a term with religious connotations and that you could use it after a miraculous event. For example, 'the semester has ended-HALLELUJAH!' Of course, I jest. It is always nice to have a break from work, but I had good students this semester and have nothing really to complain about. My listening/speaking group was particularly sweet. They even threw a surprise Valentine's Day potluck in class for me. :) I've never had a group do that before! They had a table full of food, all the fixings, a card, and a gift. Their energy and desire to learn kept my evenings full of laughter and fun, especially after a long day of work.
We had another student potluck at home this year. It was not as rowdy as last year's when over 30 students showed up! It is odd (and pleasing) to see my 'generations' of students: students I taught two years ago, students I taught twice, students whose roomates or boyfriends I've taught. :) I guess it highlights how many people I've built relationships with and how we are all part of, in reality, a very small community. I dunno know...that just makes me feel warm and fuzzy. :P Anyhow, the students that come to our parties are the kindest and most ernest of folks, and that's pretty special. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home